What is Tinnitus?
Tinnitus is the medical term for hearing sound in your ears when n o external sound is present. Typically, sufferers describe the sound as “ringing in ears,” though others describe it as a hissing, buzzing, whistling, roaring and even chirping.
What Causes Tinnitus?
Causes include the accumulation of earwax, exposure to loud sounds, head injuries and blood circulation problems. Tinnitus is know as a side effect of more than 200 prescription and over the counter drugs, and many people who suffer from tinnitus also have hearing loss.
Effects of Tinnitus:
Since Tinnitus is subjective, the effect for each person differs and can range from a mild annoyance to severely impacting mental and physical health. Some of the more serious issues include:
- Long-term sleep disruption.
- Changes in cognitive ability.
- An inability to concentrate.
- Anxiety and depression.
- Relationship challenges.
Tinnitus May Not Be Curable, But it is Treatable
What is the Levo Patient System?
- User-friendly Levo software allows patients to listen to their personalized sound match on an Apple iPod touch®.
- Custom fit ear buds, designed to ensure comfort during sleep, allow for optimal positioning and controlled delivery of sound therapy.
How Does the Levo System Work?
- On your initial visit, your audiologist will discuss your therapy options and administer a TFI test. After you and your audiologist decide that the Levo System is the right therapy for you, you will be fitted for custom ear buds.
- On your next visit, you will receive your Levo Patient System and your audiologist will help you perform a Sound Match to map your unique tinnitus sound.
- Using the Levo Patient System while sleeping for three months and then as needed, your brain should gradually habituate to your unique tinnitus sound.
What Makes the Levo System Unique?
- Unlike traditional maskers or sound generators, only the Levo System:
- Is specifically designed for use during sleep when the brain is especially responsive to habituation
- Can identify the unique tinnitus sound of each individual
- Allows you to hear the sound the patient lives with
- Has FDA clearance, CE mark, CSA certification and ISO 13485 2013 Edition
- Tracks patient use and response to therapy using smart technology
- Exclusively integrates the Tinnitus Functional Index to measure and monitor tinnitus impact
- Uses custom ear buds & Apple digital devices