What is Tinnitus?
Tinnitus is the medical term for hearing sound in your ears when no external sound is present. Typically, sufferers describe the sound as “ringing in ears,” though others describe it as a hissing, buzzing, whistling, roaring and even chirping.
What Causes Tinnitus?
Causes include the accumulation of earwax, exposure to loud sounds, head injuries and blood circulation problems. Tinnitus is know as a side effect of more than 200 prescription and over the counter drugs, and many people who suffer from tinnitus also have hearing loss.
Effects of Tinnitus:
Since it’s subjective, the effect for each person differs and can range from a mild annoyance to severely impacting mental and physical health. Some of the more serious issues include:
- Long-term sleep disruption.
- Changes in cognitive ability.
- An inability to concentrate.
- Anxiety and depression.
- Relationship challenges.
Tinnitus May Not Be Curable, But it is Treatable
What is the Levo Patient System?
- User-friendly Levo software allows patients to listen to their personalized sound match on an Apple iPod touch®.
- Custom fit ear buds, designed to ensure comfort during sleep, allow for optimal positioning and controlled delivery of sound therapy.
How Does the Levo System Work?
- On your initial visit, your audiologist will discuss your therapy options and administer a TFI test. After you and your audiologist decide that the Levo System is the right therapy for you, you will be fitted for custom ear buds.
- On your next visit, you will receive your Levo Patient System and your audiologist will help you perform a Sound Match to map your unique sound.
- Using the Levo Patient System while sleeping for three months and then as needed, your brain should gradually habituate to your unique sound.
What Makes the Levo System Unique?
- Unlike traditional maskers or sound generators, only the Levo System:
- Is specifically designed for use during sleep when the brain is especially responsive to habituation
- Can identify the unique tinnitus sound of each individual
- Allows you to hear the sound the patient lives with
- Has FDA clearance, CE mark, CSA certification and ISO 13485 2013 Edition
- Tracks patient use and response to therapy using smart technology
- Exclusively integrates the Tinnitus Functional Index to measure and monitor impact
- Uses custom ear buds & Apple digital devices