- 1 in 4 children, age 0-5 years are at moderate or high risk for developmental, behavioral, or social delay.
- About 1 in 6 children aged 3-17 has a developmental disability.
- About 1 in 68 children has autism spectrum disorder.
- Severe speech language disorders in young children can negatively affect later educational achievement, even after intensive intervention.
- Children in whom speech and language impairments persist past five and a half years of age have an increased incidence of attention and social difficulties.
- Children with specific speech and language impairments at seven and a half to thirteen years of age have been shown to have impaired writing skills, with marketed deficits in spelling and punctuation.
Why “Learn the Signs and “Act Early?”
Posted on by Speech & Hearing Associates