Speech and Hearing Associates provides evaluations and therapy for newborns, infants, and children who have communication problems including:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder and Other Developmental Disabilities
- Central Auditory Processing Disorder
- Follow-up Testing After Failed Newborn Hearing Screenings
- Diagnostic Audiology Testing
- Central Auditory Processing Evaluations
- Hearing Screenings and Follow-up
- Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE)
- Visual Reinforcement Audiometry (VRA)
- Conditioned Play Audiometry (CPA)
- Educational Audiology
Speech and Hearing Associates holds a reputation as a leader in diagnosing auditory processing disorders and is known for providing comprehensive, individualized reports that include deficit specific recommendations for therapy.
Over 90% of our referrals come from physicians, school districts (over 60 school districts refer their students to us), and from our own patients. We coordinate care with physicians, and work closely with school based child study teams and teachers to minimize the handicapping effect of a hearing loss or central auditory processing disorder, including suggestions for acoustic modification of the classroom, FM systems, and sample lesson plans specifically targeted to the individual child’s central processing issues.