Our audiology services provide:
- Diagnostic Assessments of Hearing for Adults and Children:
- Complete Audiological Evaluations
- Audiological Testing For Children With Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities
- Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE)
- Follow-up Testing After Failed Newborn Hearing Screenings
- Electronystagmography (ENG)
- Central Auditory Processing Evaluations (CAP)
- Tinnitus Evaluation/Hyperacusis Assessment
- Workers Compensation Hearing Examinations
- Immittance Testing (Tympanometry, Stapedial Reflexes)
- Educational Audiology (assessments and recommendations for the classroom)
Speech and Hearing Associates holds a reputation as a leader in diagnosing auditory processing disorders and is known for providing comprehensive, individualized reports that include deficit specific recommendations for therapy.
Over 90% of our referrals come from physicians, school districts (over 60 school districts refer their students to us), and from our own patients. We coordinate care with physicians, and work closely with school based child study teams and teachers to minimize the handicapping effect of a hearing loss or central auditory processing disorder, including suggestions for acoustic modification of the classroom, FM systems, and sample lesson plans specifically targeted to the individual child’s central processing issues.