Auditory Training Westfield
When wearing hearing aids, do you:
• Hear but not “understand?”
• Say “huh” or “what?”
• Struggle to remember what someone just said to you?
• Have trouble “keeping up” or think others talk too fast?
Wearing hearing aids is the first step to better hearing:
Even the most state-of-the-art hearing aids can’t always solve all hearing difficulties on their own. To help “keep up” during noisy situations, conversations, and while watching TV, our patients have found that short-term auditory training has added to the benefits of the hearing aids and has significantly improved overall communication.
The professionals at Speech & Hearing Associates provide an individualized program of strategies and exercises to retrain the brain and make communication successful and enjoyable; we work on skills that are patient and family-centered.
Through Auditory Training and Rehabilitation, we set goals and teach compensatory strategies to:
• Understand and manage your hearing loss.
• Increase the ability to process, understand, and recall rapid speech.
• Help improve speech understanding in noise or other challenging listening environments.
• Learn or improve lip-reading skills
• Assess difficult listening situations and modify environments for better communication.
• Develop strategies with family members to make communication easier.
• Educate others about your hearing loss and listening needs.
Have any questions?
Let us know, and we can help!